Thursday, August 11, 2011

August Artist in the Spotlight - Sue Brown

The Life Pirate Potter
SUE BROWN

  Sue Brown and her husband,
Jimmy with Caili

I worked at Light Age Studios teaching classes and creating custom glass panels for many homes, businesses and churches in and around the Ocala area. My art career in stained glass is 16 years and pottery for 13. I am experienced with large stained glass panels to small custom antique spoon dragonflies, which you can find at Heritage House. You may have your own treasured spoons that you would like to use in colors of your home decor or collegiate inspired. Another piece that has been popular with parents is a childs' hand in fused glass.


I take custom orders for these keepsakes at SuGaBuG Kids, also in Heritage Village. I also have fun working at my pottery wheel creating one-of-a-kind items. A few of my pottery creations are sold at Heritage House as well, such as plant markers and hooks. My husband, Jimmy, has always been supportive of my work and is an inspiration to me with his input on many of my items. I will be setting up under a tent at Market Day this Saturday in front of Heritage House. Hope to see you there! For more information, call (352) 564-1400.

No comments:

Post a Comment